M.A. Application (International Applicants)
|Civilization Studies||M.A. Program||10 Turkish Citizen Students|
|Civilization Studies||M.A. Program||10 International Students|
Application Period: 19.03.2018 – 11.05.2018 Application Deadline: 11 May 2018
Exam dates will be announced later
Application Process and Required Documents
- Documentation of English Proficiency (see Language requirements for details)
- GRE, GMAT or similar tests for graduate study are encouraged but not required for application.
- Copy of undergraduate diplomas and transcripts
- Successful students who will not have graduated by the application deadline must have completed their undergraduate degrees by the time of enrollment. They must submit their BA diploma for registration; otherwise, they will lose all earned rights.
- Documents are accepted only in Turkish, Arabic, German, English and French; other languages must be translated either into English or Turkish. (Originals and official translations into Turkish must be presented at enrollment.)
- Contacts of two references (letters will be asked for after the shortlist)
- A statement of purpose (two to three pages, in English)
- Writing sample (in English; if available, applicants may provide a part of their thesis as writing sample)
- Please make sure to include your name and page number on each page of the writing sample and statement of purpose.
- If you face problems during the online application process you can also apply by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The duration of the master’s program is two years, consisting of a course year followed by the thesis-writing year. Students who do not have the C1 documentation for proficiency in Turkish are expected to do an additional Turkish preparatory year at the University’s School of Languages.
Scholarships and Tuition Fee
- All students are accepted with full scholarship. In addition, stipends for assistantships are offered for 9 months per year.
- Scholarships cover the Turkish learning period (maximum one academic year) and the duration of the two-year-long master’s program.
- Successful applicants will be given positions as RA and TA on top of exemption from tuition fees. Students meeting the highest standards of academic excellence and language competence will be awarded with a 2500TL monthly scholarship.
- Scholarships are for nine months per year; they do not cover the summer period.
- Married students will be eligible for summer stipends. In toto, married students will receive stipends for 12 months each year.
- Scholarships and assistantships awarded are subject to renewal annually.
- In case of academic failure, scholarships are subject to review by the academic evaluation committee.
Language Requirements: English
- Proficiency in English is a prerequisite for acceptance at the Alliance of Civilizations Institute. Priority will be given to those students, who present higher TOEFL or equivalent scores. A minimum score of 78 in TOEFL-iBT or an equivalent score in IELTS, CAE, CPE, PTE Academic is highly advised for application. IELTS tests taken in Turkey after October 2013 are invalid.
- Native English speakers and applicants from English-speaking countries are not required to take any English proficiency examination.
- Successful applicants, who for country-specific reasons are not able to take an accepted English proficiency examination, MUST present their scores from one by the END OF THE FIRST SEMESTER.
- Turkish proficiency (C1-Level) is a prerequisite for studying at the Alliance of Civilizations Institute. Therefore, successful international applicants, who do not have documentation for proficiency in Turkish, are going to attend the Turkish language courses of Ibn Haldun University’s School of Languages.
- International students, who are not proficient in Arabic, must register for the foundational Arabic courses (Six hours per week for two semesters).
- Our Institute offers summer language course grants for successful students to study advanced Arabic in an Arab country.
Phone : +90 212 582 90 70, Extension : 2019 (Ahmet Tarık Çaşkurlu) Fax : +90 212 582 81 10 Address: Medeniyetler İttifakı Enstitüsü (MEDİT) Merkez Efendi Mah., Mevlevihane Cad. No:25 Zeytinburnu/ İstanbul E-Mail : email@example.com *If you encounter any problems during the application process do not hesitate to e-mail us.